- This event has passed.
2014 Capital Challenge Walk 50K
September 20, 2014 - September 21, 2014
It’s that time again – that crazy weekend where we get together to walk, volunteer, cheer, and celebrate our fight for a cure for multiple sclerosis. Regardless of whether this is your first time out or you are an MS is BS veteran, come and join us as we march to the Capitol Lawn.
- When: September 20 and 21
- Where: The 2014 Challenge Walk route takes participants through the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area into VA, and ends at the U.S. Capitol in an incredible demonstration of strength and unity. More information about the 2014 route will be posted as it is confirmed.
Sign Up as a Walker/Volunteer
We’ve already paid the fees to register, so if you join Team MS is BS, it’s free to sign up. There are different roles that you can sign up for:
- If you sign up as a Crew -Volunteer, you work as a volunteer on the day of the event with no fundraising minimum. Our Crew Members typically work our signature MS is BS rest stop.
- If you sign up as a Super Crew – Volunteer, you volunteer for the event and you raise a minimum of $1500 for the team.
- If you sign up as a Challenge Walker (Team Reg Fee Paid by Captain), you raise a minimum of $1500 and walk 50K through MD, DC and VA.
Be a Virtual Participant
If you cannot join us, but would like to make a tax-deductible donation to help with the team’s fundraising, you can do so by clicking on the button below, choosing a participant’s name, and then clicking the Donate button.
Where the Funds Go
100% of the proceeds of our fundraising efforts that go to this walk are donated to the National MS Society. Each year, the National MS Society invests close to $50 million into MS research projects in the U.S. and abroad, supporting over 440 new and ongoing research projects. $0.78 of every dollar funds programs, education, advocacy, and research and $0.22 of every dollar covers fundraising and administration costs.